Harty Search & Selection has been engaged by our world-recognised client to source suitable candidates for the position of Quality and Technical Manager for one of their locations based in the Northeast.
Reporting to the Operations Manager and leading a team of technical specialists, you will have responsibility for all aspects of product quality as well as the technical enhancement and development of products. Some of the key responsibilities of the job are summarized as follows:
- Validate quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes; measuring production; documenting evidence; determining operational and performance qualification; writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Oversee the Raw Materials Quality Control system and ensure that this is adhered to by manufacturing and process.
- Propose and optimise product specifications to address variations in incoming product quality. The Quality & Technical Manager has final control and sign off on all SOP’s for product manufacture as well as the structured planning and co-ordinating of all production trials for new products or optimising of existing products in the portfolio.
- Maintain and improve product quality by completing product, company, system, compliance, and surveillance audits; investigating customer complaints; collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs, and manufacturing and training methods.
- Develop corrective action plans and systems using such tools as statistical methods, pareto charts, flow charting and failure mode effects analysis.
- Prepare quality documentation and reports by collecting, analysing and summarising information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions, and re-validations.
- Continuously review, develop and maintain a system for control of change in manufacturing.
- Act as the guarantor for the Quality & Technical function’s pillars of WCM and maintain ISO accreditation.
- Work closely with the Engineering and Operations teams to ensure best practice in quality & process control.
Candidates will have a minimum of 7 years career experience in quality or technical management with at least three years operating at manager level in a fast paced environment.
They should be educated to degree level in Chemical Engineering or a closely related technical discipline and have a track record of logical process improvement projects that have been sustained. Deep knowledge of ISO accredited quality systems is essential.
They will have excellent decision making skills and be decisive in formulating and implementing solutions in line with business plans.
They will have excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work effectively on own initiative and in a team environment with excellent motivational and staff development skills.
Contact Conor for a confidential discussion regarding this exciting opportunity. A detailed Job Description is available by phoning Conor at 061 414533.