Our client is a leading specialist engineering & electrical contracting service in the Mid-West, Ireland and has enjoyed significant growth in recent years. Harty Search & Selection has been exclusively engaged to source high calibre candidates for the position of Finance Director.
The newly appointed person will fulfil a very influential role within the company and is expected to make a significant impact to the business in terms of continued growth & profitability, financial integrity and project delivery.
As well as being demonstrably hard working, resourceful and appreciative of the culture of an indigenous, entrepreneurial and ambitious engineering services organisation, the appointed person will be very comfortable when dealing with Board level.
- Provide direction and developmental support to finance team.
- Appraise leadership team and Board of company’s financial position and generate regular reports on cash flow, project spend, liquidity, profitability and growth, etc.
- Liaise directly with Board and prepare “Board Pack”. Ensure the generation of accurate data for the purposes of weekly leadership and regular Board meetings as well as investors.
- Complement the leadership team by adding “bench strength” to contract, commercial and business decision making.
- Analyse business and project performance and facilitate operational and commercial decision making.
- Oversee all areas of Finance & Accounting, ensuring in/external audit and financial reporting requirements are achieved in accordance with audit and compliance deadlines (5 countries).
- Liaise with 3rd parties, auditors, banks, investors, etc., ensuring that financial and business performance information is presented in a timely and accurate manner.
- Budgetary preparation and control and ongoing implementation of sound financial management and budgeting processes.
- Oversee company taxation matters (employment, international, new markets).
- Lead new country set-up from a finance and local tax perspective and oversee visa application process for project teams.
- With leadership team, lead cost improvement initiatives in order to continually monitor project and operational costs.
- Energetic and resourceful.
- Preference for exposure to Contract or Project Management organisation such as engineering, electrical and or mechanical services.
- Ability to, effectively, deal with growth.
- 3rd level Degree and Professional Accounting Qualification – ACA, ACCA, CIMA.
- 10+ years’ experience in a responsible finance management role, to include leading and developing finance team members.
- Experience of presenting to and working with Board level and external investors.
- Comfort level with “international” Taxation matters.
- Interpersonal and relationship management skills are important in the context of dealing with diverse stakeholders; colleagues, leadership team, Board and outside agencies.
- An assured and professional approach. Excellent communication, presentation and negotiating skills, particularly when involved in bid and contract negotiation and engaging with Board.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and to balance conflicting deadlines.
For further information on this role, please contact Liam McDonnell at Harty Search & Selection;
Office – 061-414533