Our client is a leading player in the global consumer packaging solutions sector.
Harty Search & Selection has been exclusively retained to source high calibre leaders for the position of General Manager – Europe. The newly appointed person will report to the WW President of Consumer Packaging and have operational responsibility for three manufacturing plants located at Cork, UK and China.
The role requires candidates to have (i) demonstrated leadership experience, (ii) significant experience in the plastics / polymers sector and, (iii) a verifiable engineering solutions orientation.
- Liaise the WW President of the Consumer Packaging Division to execute and deliver on strategic plans for European operations.
- Manage the P&L and ROI performance of the division’s European manufacturing operations.
- Direct manufacturing operations to achieve continuous improvement in product innovation, quality, customer satisfaction and cost efficiency.
- Manage the activities of individual site leads and/or function heads, ensuring that management team continues to develop as a cohesive, high performance unit.
- Ensure agreed/planned operational and production targets for individual sites are achieved.
- Support Sales & Marketing activities to realise objectives and ensure effective Customer Service programmes and performance.
- Encourage self-direction and empowerment amongst the team and provide coaching and clear direction as required.
- Promote a positive and progressive Health and Safety environment.
- 3rdLevel Degree in Engineering or other relevant technical discipline (Polymers, Plastics, etc).
- At least 10 years’ experience operating at senior management level in a dynamic, international manufacturing environment.
- Exposure to a multi-site operations.
- Substantial experience of working in the Plastics / Packaging / Polymerssector with exposure to processes such as; injection moulding, blow moulding, extrusion and contract moulding.
- A willingness to encourage self-direction and empowerment amongst the team is very important.
- Business and commercial nous but also expert knowledge of modern manufacturing systems and processes.
- Maturity and credibility in a senior role.
- Measured approach and systems orientated.
- Be results driven and proactive.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment would be an advantage.
For additional information on this role, please contact Liam McDonnell at Harty Search & Selection;
Office – 061 414533