Our client operates in the global Medical Device sector and specialises in automated manufacturing systems and solutions. Located in the Midwest, Ireland, the company now wishes to hire a QA & Validation Manager as part of their management group.
The appointed person will lead a seven strong team of Validation & Quality Engineers.
The role requires an ability to deliver technical leadership in QA and validation combined with positive and proactive approach to “people management”. This is a customer facing role; one that will make a significant contribution to meeting customer needs and enabling lasting partnerships.
- Responsible for the day to day activities of the Quality and Validation department.
- Ensure the Quality & Validation team deliver best in class validation strategies to meet project requirements and deliver on budget.
- Responsible for planning and maintaining work systems, procedures and policies that enable optimum team, project and department performance.
- Lead, help develop and positively communicate with team members to ensure they are suitably motivated to achieve consistently high levels of performance.
- Embed clear structure and regular communications within team.
- Coach through 1:1’s & feedback on performance.
- Promote innovation and “fly the flag” for continuous improvement.
- Contribute to the company’s partnership approach with customers, technology partners, universities etc.
- Represent QA & Validation department at management level.
- Collaborate with peers to deliver best outcomes for the department and the overall business.
Personal Requirements & Qualifications
- 5+ years in a responsible Validation or QA role, to include team management.
- L8 Degree in Technical, Electronic, IT or Engineering discipline.
- Experience of the medical device or other regulated sector is preferred.
- Natural people skills. Positive interpersonal skills.
- Customer focused.
- Ability to lead and manage a team.
- Trustworthy & efficient.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to make responsible & effective decisions.
For further information on this role, please contact Liam McDonnell at Harty Search & Selection;