Our client is a leading player in the global plastics packaging solutions sector. Harty Search & Selection has been exclusively retained to source a VP Global Operations. The appointed person must be a results driven expert in the area of Op Ex and BPI.
This is a newly created and critical role requiring the VP Global Operations to support an operating division comprised of six manufacturing plants and two innovation centres dispersed across US, Ireland, Europe and China in achieving individual site and divisional objectives.
- Liaise the WW President of the Consumer Packaging Division to execute and deliver on strategic plans and revenue objectives.
- Manage the P&L performance of all manufacturing operations across the packaging solutions division.
- Lead Site Operations and Plant leaders to consistently deliver forecasted production output based on business unit commitments.
- Model and drive accountability at every level; pushing self and others to reach milestones.
- Responsible for revenue attainment, inventory management, cost containment, quality and development of more efficient manufacturing and distribution strategies.
- Creating and executing strategies to sustainably improve manufacturing and labor productivity.
- Champion continuous process improvements through across all aspects of operations; production, innovation, quality, and facilities management.
- In conjunction with business unit leaders, develop the annual plan and revenue forecasts, broken down into specific objectives and measures in alignment with overall business objectives.
- Promote a strong sustainable relationship with strategic customers by keeping commitments, reinforcing quality, and driving innovation.
- Report to Board on Divisional operating and revenue performance.
- 15 year’s experience operating at senior management level in a dynamic multi-site manufacturing environment, including regional or international responsibilties.
- 3rd Level Degree in Engineering or other relevant technical discipline.
- Additional accreditation in the area of Op Ex, BPI (CI, 6 Sigma, Shingo. etc).
- A thorough knowledge of manufacturing methodologies and a proven track record of successfully managing in an agile and dynamic business environment.
- Persistent, forceful and tolerant in the face of pressure and obstacles with an ability to consider a multitude of solution options.
- Open to change with a willingness to embrace and thrive on new challenges.
- Strategic acumen with ability to consider the broader business challenges, and align team around business opportunities.
- Self- managed. Hands-on, involved style to with demonstrated ability to get things done.
- Significant international travel is involved. Up to 50% … sometimes more.
For further information, please contact Liam McDonnell at Harty Search & Selection;
Office – +353-61-414533