Our client is a major employer in the Munster region and is a household name, internationally within its sector. The company now requires a Finance Business Partner who will “add value” to the business by supporting strategic projects and initiatives through financial management, performance review, strategic business case evaluation, scenario planning and data analysis.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Understand the strategic business objectives and investment requirements of the business.
- Act as finance lead in developing investment strategies and business cases to ensure the strategic goals and objectives are met.
- Provide strong financial leadership, reporting and control for all Strategic Projects from initial business case right through to project implementation and review.
- In addition to Strategic Projects, manage and control ongoing capital expenditure for Operations activities.
- Management and preparation of monthly reporting of results across multiple projects, including budgets, forecasts, and adherence to investment plans and review performance to enable robust reporting of variances to the key stakeholders.
- Develop appropriate financial KPIs for the strategic projects (including Capital controls, Project forecasting and Cashflow forecasting etc.
- Promote a culture of data based decision making and long term financial forecasting and planning for all strategic investment decisions.
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across the company to strategically manage projects.
- Develop strong partnerships with the Engineering and Legal functions to ensure appropriate project governance from project design through to installation and handover.
- Build effective relationships across multiple projects and project teams, and develop the role to ensure the provision of in depth financial analysis for strategic projects.
- Manage the maximisation of available third party grant funding across the Business Unit, from submission to approval and final drawdown.
- Manage the capital process and ensure all capital expenditure for strategic projects and ongoing Cap Ex complies with internal and external audit requirements.
Qualifications / Skills: (see full job description)
- Qualified Accountant – ACA, CIMA, ACCA
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in financial management role
- Interpersonal skills
- Project management skills
- Data driven person ….. analytical capability
- Communication, influencing and relationship building skills very important
For further information on this role, please contact Liam McDonnell at Harty Search & Selection;
Office – +353-61-414533