Our client is a long established company and considered a sectoral leader in its field. The business now requires a Plant Manager for their Munster/Cork based manufacturing plant. Reporting to the Group Head of Operations, the ideal candidate will be an experienced Operations or Plant Manager with a proven track record of running production operations, combined with a deep knowledge of lean principles.
They will work closely with the Head of Group Operations as well as support functions (Sales and Finance) in managing and optimising production capacity to deliver on operational and strategic objectives. Employee numbers on site are between 100 – 130 people.
- Overall responsibility for Production, Maintenance and Safety, Health, Environment, Quality (SHEQ) at the site
- Actively promote and prioritise a safe working environment
- Working closely with SHEQ executive, ensure appropriate policies and processes are in place to meet the safety, health environment, and quality assurance standards.
- Develop the production plan to maximise return to the business
- Establish a regular pattern of production meetings to ensure the delivery of the production plan.
- Monitor the production performance against the budget through a set of agreed KPIs.
- Form strong and supportive working relationships with team members and supervisors
- Drive on-site efficiencies through short/medium term projects.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement.
- Assume an active involvement in recruitment, on-boarding and employee development and engagement in conjunction with HR.
- Lead the implementation of site capital and NPD projects
- Contribute to the development of the overall production strategy for the Group.
- In consultation with leadership team, oversee the development of the capital investment strategy plan and
Skills & Experience
- 3rd level qualification in Engineering, Operations, Manufacturing or related field; or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ Plant / Site Management experience is essential
- Sufficient knowledge and experience to promote a safe working environment and ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory standards.
- “Can do” approach. Passion, energy and a strong work ethic.
- Understands the importance of managing and developing people.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build trusted relationships.
- Familiarity with high-speed automated manufacturing equipment is of interest as is exposure to timber processing operations, or similar.
For further information, please contact Conor Harty on 061 414533 or firstname.lastname@example.org