Established, dynamic and successful Limerick based client now require a Financial Controller. Exposure to engineering services sector would be an advantage. Excellent opportunity for an ambitious and commercially focused Financial Controller.
- Budgetary preparation and control and the continuous implementation of sound financial reporting, management and budgeting processes
- Liaise with 3rd parties, auditors, banks, investors, etc., ensuring that financial and business performance information is presented in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure internal and external audit and financial reporting requirements are achieved in accordance with audit and compliance deadlines (including international projects)
- Coordinate the activity of a small finance team
- Appraise leadership team as to financial position and generate regular reports on cash flow, project spend, liquidity, profitability and growth, etc
- Make effective use of MIS systems ensuring the generation accurate data for the purposes of weekly leadership meetings and regular Board meetings
- Complement the leadership team by adding financial and budgeting inputs to contract, commercial and business decision making.
- Assume a lead role in assessment of T&Cs of commercial contracts, including pricing, obligations and payment structures
- Maintain and develop positive relationships with regulators, tax advisors and foreign tax authorities
- When necessary, lead new country set-up from a finance and local tax perspective
- Monitor cost improvement initiatives in order to continually monitor project and general operating costs
- Assume responsibility for existing pension, healthcare and insurance arrangements.
Personal Profile & Qualifications:
- 3rd level Degree and Professional Accounting Qualification – ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- 8+ years’ experience in a responsible finance management role/Controller role, to include people management
- Ideally, the selected candidate will have worked in engineering/mechanical services or a project management organisation (exposure to same in the context of Audit or Accounting Practice would of interest too)
- Understanding of international taxation matters
- Interpersonal and relationship management skills are important in the context of dealing with colleagues and leadership team
- Assured and professional approach; excellent communication, presentation and negotiating skills, particularly when involved in supporting bid and contract negotiation and engaging outside agencies
- Ability work in a fast paced environment and to balance conflicting deadlines.
- Decisiveness and ability to effectively engage with and influence senior people
- Experience of engaging with Board level.
- Big 4 trained is desirable
- Wider organisational awareness is very important along with commercial acumen.
(Guideline Basic Salary: €80,000.00 to €90,000.00 /year)
For more information and a confidential discussion, please contact Conor at 086 2406651